Wednesday, November 7, 2007

stealth

Someday I will get the hang of this blogging thing. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how some people manage to update daily and still have time to make a living and... you know... knit. I've come to the conclusion that they must be blogging from work. This is discouraged at my place of employment, so I am stealth blogging right now.

I have no photos to offer, due to the fact that I can't connect my camera to my office computer, and while I might have something on my Flickr account, I don't have the time to fiddle with it, because my supervisor could return at any moment.

Mostly, I wanted to point out that I am still kicking. I finished the sleeves on my Not-So-Kakhi Cables cardi. Next up: blocking. Which I may or may not bother with. I probably ought to so that the button band knits on nicely. Damn! It's pretty chilly in my office right now and a nice wooly sweater would be just the ticket.

I have also been knitting some knee socks with some yarn I bought, but have not blogged. It's sport weight and stripes in a really weird, erratic pattern. I'm not sure how much I like the way the colours are coming out, but I love the socks. Trouble is, I've run out of yarn and will have to buy a whole new ball of yarn with strange random striping tendencies for a total of about 5 inches of knitting. Grrr. Oh well. What can you do?

My biggest news, though is that I'm on Ravelry! This is truly awesome. I've been working on moving all my pictures to Flickr so I can put them up there. So I'm KnitLizard, and will be spending far too much time there over the next little while. I'll try and update the blog during that time as well, but I make no promises. In the meantime, I'd better post this and get off here before I get busted. Happy knitting.

No comments: