Monday, July 13, 2009

Sockapalooza

Well, sockyarnapalooza would be more appropriate, but it doesn't roll off the tongue as well. There has been an explosion of yarn acquisition chez Lizard. That yarn diet that I was supposedly on leading up to the Sock Summit that never was has definitely disintegrated. Ah well, c'est la vie. Enough with the talky, on to the goodies.

I made three separate orders, experimenting with different online vendors, and two of the three have arrived. First: The Loopy Ewe.

These are: Dye Dreams Dream Sox in the Passion Flower colourway. Soooo Pretty. And Dream in Color Starry in the Wisterious colourway. It's a little difficult to see in the picture, but Starry is spun with a silver filament. Sparkly stuff has been a problem of late. This one spawned the following order. It's so incredibly squishy in the skein that I had to try and get ahold of its sister yarn Smooshy. I was very happy with the service from the Loopy Ewe, I got my package super fast and it had a personalized message from the shopowner in it. Unfortunately for me, there was an issue with customs fees. Not the shop's fault, and I highly recommend it if you live in the U.S. or they have something you have to have and can't get at home. Which they might. Seriously, they have awesome selection.

So in order to get that Smooshy, I turned to a Canadian vendor: The Sweet Sheep.

Dream in Color Smooshy in the Flamingo Pie colorway, Colinette Jitterbug in the Ginger Cinnabar colourway. I can't imagine that pie made from flamingo would be particulary tasty, but the yarn sure is. And the Ginger Cinnabar looks good enough to eat too.

All Things Heather sock yarn in the Sunshine colourway and Malabrigo sock yarn in the Stonechat colourway. I have no idea what a stonechat is, but the colour is fantastic, and the ATH one totally looks like sunshine. This also came super speedily, and no customs fees. Yay! I'll definitely order from the Sweet Sheep again. All of my yarn is gorgeous, and I can't wait to knit with it. I'm thinking I should think about getting a scale so that I can split them up easily. I hate that paranoia as you're halfway through the second sock and aren't sure if you'll have enough yarn left over to finish it.

So, I have one more package winging its way to me and I anticipate its arrival very soon. When it arrives I'll try and get the pics up pretty soon. I also have some new knitting content to post too, but this has been a picture heavy post, so I'll save it for when the next package arrives. Now, somebody needs to lock my credit card up somewhere safe :)

No comments: