Sunday, April 29, 2007

Grr Argh

So for the last week, I've been trying to post these pictures, but haven't been able to. Turns out, I can do it if I do them one or two at a time. Irritating. But, I have knitting and cool geeky stuff to blog about, so let's get to it.

This is the first of a pair of Jaywalkers (a la Grumperina):

This is Meilenweit Cotton Fondo colour 6506. It feels really springy with the bright colour stripes and the creamy background. I've made pretty good headway on the second sock since I've finished this one, but I don't have a picture yet. What I have got is a close up:

Here you can see the striping and the pattern. I love this pattern, it's the second time I've done it and my other pair are my favourite socks. Caleb approves :)

In not knitting, but still geeky news, this arrived in the mail the other day!

Close up:

Reverse:

This is a t-shirt from MakeUSmile Tees. An online company based in the states. I really liked the service I got and would recommend them. Anyway. The picture is from a commercial that airs very briefly in the movie Serenity.

I love this movie, just like I love the television series that it was based on, Firefly. This was an example of the voices of fans having sway in the entertainment industry. FOX network prematurely cancelled Firefly, much to the fans' horror, and a really big noise went up online and at conventions and in letter campaigns, and we got a movie out of it. Never give up on a cancelled program you love. Personally, I'm going after FOX again for cancelling Drive. I hope anyone else reading, takes their television entertainment into their own hands too. Maybe we can get rid of all the garbage that's out there.

Browncoats did the impossible, we are mighty, never give up!






No comments: