Lots of knitting chez Lizard. I've been mostly posting stuff to Ravelry lately. It's slow going, but a little bit at a time will see it done. In the meantime, unfortunately, I've been neglecting this little blog. Part of the problem has been that my rechargeable batteries for my camera gave out. All of them. I don't know how it happened, but they weren't cheap and I'm a little annoyed. But nonetheless, I broke down and bought some disposable ones and now have progress shots to show you.
First up, is a sock I don't think I've blogged about. It's Conwy from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road. It's a pretty cable pattern, which I think shows nicely in the taupe yarn I chose. I thought these could be a simple dress sock. This is actually the progress on the second sock. I finished the first sock and actually cast on right away! Impressed, no?
The yarn is Regia 4 ply, and it's knit on 2.5 mm dpns. A little snug, which is mildly irritating when I want to put them on, but is the way I like my socks. They don't slouch down that way. And for trouser socks, I think they'll be perfect.
Next. Lots and lots of endpapers. I knit Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts for myself nearly a year ago, and have had a lot of enthusiasm over them. This boggles my mind because I think I did a terrible job on them. This time, I think they're turning out better. The first pair started.
I've just started the thumb gusset at this point. These ones are for a co-worker and are knit in Dale Stork 100% cotton on 3.5 mm dpns (I think).
Then there's endpaper mitts again.
This time they're for my sister who cleverly lost one of the lovely alpaca Fetchings I knit for her last year. This time they're to her specifications: black and hot pink, to match her coat. And they're plain old superwash wool. Jawoll by Lang, to be specific. They are also, if you notice, being knit on 2 circs. I tried this method for the first time with my Red Dwarf socks, and am a complete convert.
Speaking of the Red Dwarf socks, I finished Them. Mostly over the first 2 seasons of the show. Yes, I've said it before, and it's guaranteed to come up again. I'm a geek. Deal with it :)
So here's a photo of them looking very odd. They look odd on too, just a little less odd, and I haven't figured out how to take a modelled shot of knee socks. I think I'll have to get help with it. I'll post it when I have it
Incidentally, this is the yarn in the ball. I like the colours much more in the ball than in the socks. They're really comfy, so I'll wear them anyway, but they'll be worn under jeans
The pattern is Turtle Girl's Red Dwarf socks knee high version. The yarn is Jawoll color sport. I knit them on two 3 mm circs. My first time, as I said. I really like this and have ordered 2 sets of circs from Knitpicks for knitting socks from now on. I'm finding the dpns really cumbersome now.
So anyway, I'm finally done this post, and have been working on it since about 9:30 this morning. That's what comes from trying to sneak it in at work :) So hopefully, I'll be back on track for at least weekly updates of the blog. Fingers crossed.