Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Bad Blogger

I am such a bad blogger! I can't believe it's been so long since my last post.

I recently found out that there is a knitting guild here in Ottawa. A coworker of mine told me about it, and I went to a meeting last night. It was awesome! I've been wanting to check out a group of knitters, and this is a big group. I think I'll be going again.

I have been knitting, and have a few things to mention. First is a finished Endpaper Mitt (designed by Eunny).


I don't remember if I mentioned the yarn I used in previous posts, so I'll do it now. This is Schoeller Esslinger Fortissima in colour 144 and Scheepjes Invicta Extra in colour 1350.

Here is the inside:

Looks kind of the same as the outside, if I do say so myself :) This is my first time using two colours at the same time. I have done stripes before, but this was kind of addictive. Who knew?

In works in progress:

Here is the "Kahki" cables cardi so far. Eh. Not so exciting blog fodder. The black looks gray, but at least you can see the pattern. For the record, I hate seed stitch! I do like the way this is coming together though, even if it is slow going. I think I'll make this my priority piece. I have small things going too, but I'm going on a trip in a little less than 2 weeks, and want to save them for airplane, bus and train trips :)

Anyhow, I hope that I will have a couple more posts up before I head off for vacation, but until then, it's time for House and he gets cranky(er) if I'm late.

No comments: