Saturday, February 3, 2007

Of Fetching and hats

Wow! It's hard to believe it's February already. The shortest month of the year, so why does it always feel like the longest? I've been away from the blog for the last week, but that doesn't mean I've been away from my knitting. I knit scarves for everyone on my holiday list this past year, and had some leftover yarn from those projects, so when I heard that my sister could use a pair of fingerless mitts and my brother could use a new hat, I got on it.

This is a simple stockingette hat in boring black. I used the pattern for the Fana Cap from Charlene Schurch's Hats On! I just neglected to change over to another colour. I guess I figured that the Boy might be more likely to wear a plain black hat than one with a pattern in it. His scarf was the DNA Illusion scarf from MagKnits:

It's not the greatest picture in the world I took it on my old camera, but you can see the double helix not too badly. The scarf and the hat were both knit with Luxury Collection Fine Merino Superwash DK yarn which was a dream to work with. My other FO for today, is a pair of Fetching from Knitty. (Someday, I will figure out how to link to things, I'm afraid of stealing bandwidth)

This yarn doesn't photograph well. It's Luxury collection Alpaca Peru (100% alpaca, mmmm) and the colour is a kind of midnight blue with bits of turquoise and fuschia blended in. Really pretty. I don't have a picture of her scarf, but it was Here and There Cables from Scarf Style. I hope she likes these, she's a little particular. I love them, and if she doesn't, I might just take them back. I've been wanting to make a pair of these for me since they made their Knitty appearance.

So, 2 FOs, I figured I could celebrate so:
Austermann Step, and Lang Jawoll. I've worked with both of these yarns before and was happy with them both. I'm itching to start some socks now. I think I'd better get the number of UFOs down first, though. We'll just have to wait and see what happens.

No comments: