Monday, August 25, 2008

Where did August go? I was pretty preoccupied through the majority of this month, but it's the last week of August already and school starts next week! Why is it that the time always speeds by when you don't want it to? On the plus side, since I wrote my final, I've had actual knitting time! Behold:

Finished Annetrelac socks!

To recap quickly, because this pair of socks took a ridiculously long time to finish. The pattern is: Annetrelac Socks by Sandy Beadle and appeared in the Holiday 2007 issue of Interweave Knits. The yarn is Cherry Tree Hill Sockittome in the Misty Moor colourway which I love! I knit these on 2.5 mm needles (dpn for the entrelac, 2 circs for the stockinette). I'm very happy with how these turned out.

Onward, however. Just in time for school to start back up again, Mystery Stole 4 will begin! I'm waiting impatiently for my yarn to arrive, but in the meantime I'll share these:

Very tricky to photograph, beads. I tried in the tube and you couldn't see that there were individual objects inside. This is the best I could do. The yarn I've ordered is a heathered red, so these beads, which are actually a hematite colour only clear, ought to pop. I hope. They should also sparkle. They have some cut spots on them to catch the light. I'm expecting the yarn to arrive later this week or early next. I've got my fingers crossed.

No comments: