Saturday, January 20, 2007

More blather

So I'm visiting with my parents this weekend. A very dear friend of mine had her first baby earlier this month and we're having a shower for her.

Not much on the knitting front. I have a sock on the go for the Greyhound trip. Still no photos, I left my camera at home like a big doofus. I can tell you that it's navy blue, Patons Kroy in plain stockingette, so you're not really missing much.

Hmm... Maybe a few things about me:

I learned to knit as a child, but it's only within the last year that I've really picked it back up. I'm learning a lot from reading other people's blogs, in addition to fueling my yarn lust and inclination to start more objects than I finish.

My mother was the one who taught me. She knit some while I was young, but my grandmother has had a knitting basket beside her chair for as long as I can remember, probably for as long as my mom can remember too. I can always take my knitting with me to Grandma's.

I'm a thrower. I hold my yarn in my right hand as I knit. I've tried to hold it in my left, but it's pretty slow going. I'd like to try some colour work in the near future though, so it could be handy to learn.

One of my first FOs was a cabled turtleneck sweater. It's bright pink acrylic and it took me about 3 years to finish. If I ever figure out how to post pictures, maybe I'll show you. I have a tendency to take on more than I can really handle.

I knit scarves for all the people on my holiday gift list this year. I had to blitz a few over the last week or so. I have to admit to beeing pretty proud of the 3 that were done at the last minute.

I think my favourite thing to knit is socks. Probably because they're fast and portable. I've been stocking up on sock yarn the last little while, I would hate to finish a pair only to discover that I have no backup yarn. Does that sound like an excuse? Meh, works for me.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be able to figure out how to post pictures next week so anyone who chances on this blog can see that while my knitting may be passable, my photography is truly dismal. Hope everyone's weekend is fabulous, now I'm off to pick on my little brother.

No comments: