Sunday, July 29, 2007

Chart E Done!

Yay! I'm on track. I didn't knit anything for the last week. I finished Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows last Tuesday (don't worry, there will be no spoilers), but I spent some time at the gym and I hurt. So I spent too much time wallowing in my pain to knit :)

Anyway, it's the weekend, and for me, that means lots and lots of knitting time. So I spent yesterday and part of today plugging away at clue 4 and here it is:
I've been seeing chatter where people have been finding these little hexagons or cat's paws or whatever they are (they make me think of snowflakes, I'm Canadian what can I say?) very frustrating. Now admittedly, I still have a whole chart to go of them, but I love them. They make me happy everytime I get to the little O^O that finishes them off.

Here's another shot showing the bulk of the stole so far:
It may be noted, that I changed the colour of my lifeline. The blue was easy to see in photographs, but it was a bit of worsted weight yarn that I found lying around and used in a pinch at the cottage. It was far too bulky to use in this stole. The new yarn is a scrap of green fingering weight left over from my Baudelaire socks. Much easier to work around, even if it is harder to see in photos. That little ball of yarn you can see on the right of the stole is what's left of my second skein of yarn. I bought 4, so I should be alright for quantity. I'm a paranoid knitter. I always think I'm going to run out of yarn, so I tend to buy too much. I think I've mentioned this before. Oh well. I have things to do. I'm expecting company this evening and I'd like to get a start of Chart F before I have to do things like vacuum, blah.

I'll post again before the week's out, I suspect, but in the meantime, here's something pretty:

Yeah, I know. It's a bug. I like bugs. Especially the kind that eat mosquitoes. Later.



No comments: